Oh blog, how I missed you so. I am a blog spurter (yes I just made that up). I will love to write every day, but then I will go absent for months at a time. Well now, I am again back into the place where I can write… soberish. Well I will recap what has been going on in my world this academic year:
1. Well, I married the most wonderful woman in the world. She is someone who can not only share a house and bed with me (kinky), but wakes up in the morning and wants to do another day. So how do I reward my lovely wife with this devotion? I move her to Indiana. What the fuck did she sign up for when she said “I do?” There was a job opportunity for me within my company to do a quazi-teaching job and a bit. But part of the job required us to move to Indiana. I wasn’t wild about it to be honest. As I type now, I am sitting out in my newly refurbished backyard–well, it’s not mine, but that’s another story, without sweating my balls off or swatting endless amounts of bugs away from me. I am going to miss that. But I have been traveling back and forth to Indiana this year and it has grown on me. It’s going to be a different lifestyle for sure. I love Chico, but I feel I was growing stale. We have amazing friends in the area, but I felt it was getting smaller and smaller the longer I was here. I was feeling a bit closed in and needed to spread out a bit. Jen and I went to Indiana in November to check out neighborhoods and decided to build a new house in a great new neighborhood. Which leads me to number 2
2. Never build a new house when you live out of state. Let me just tell you what a clusterfuck this process has been. First, we decided in November to buy this house and have it built by the time we arrived in July. It’s May 7 and they haven’t even fucking started the house. Blame the builder? NO. Blame the bank. It’s just another reason why these fuckers need to go down in a ball of flames. Needless to say, I’m a bit frustrated with the process. I just keep telling myself it’s going to be worth it in the end. But because banks are so fucking stupid right now, they forced me to sell our house in Chico. It sold in six days thanks to Wendy. Do everything but promise them our first born child to get this damn loan approved. I am now hoping for a June 1 start. Maybe we will be in there by Christmas but who the fuck knows. They have kicked the crap out of me and now they won. I am just resigned to the fact that it is what it is and just roll with it. In the meantime, Jen and I will be shaking up in a lovely extended stay hotel from July to God knows when.
Everyone kept asking me why we didn’t just get an apartment. My response to you… are you helping me move when the house is ready? My company has a VERY generous relocation package. However, if the movers drop our crap somewhere… that’s it. They did their part and they are out. I’m far too pretty and educated to know that I want to move my shit twice. In addition, I know a grand total of like eight people in the state of Indiana. “Hi, I just met you. Do you want to help me move Saturday?” I despise moving other people’s shit. I don’t want to inflict that pain on others. I’ll just pay the extra month of storage and allow the professionals to break my shit with class. The other bonus for me is when this “experience” is over I’ll be Platinum with Marriott. So you can suck it commoners. I’ll be staying in the suite tonight. Cause I’m going to need it because of number 3
3. I still have four jobs. For being a down economy, my wife and I still have three to four jobs each. I’m still doing aspects of my old job. I am training my replacement. I am doing my new job. And still doing some finishing touches on senior trips. Add that to my wife’s three jobs–we are working mo fos. So if you haven’t heard from me in a while… I don’t hate you. You just haven’t offered alcohol to me and at this point, you bring nothing to the table for me. And speaking of tables…
4. I’m nesting for a house that’s not even freaking built. I have being buying crap for the new house and storing it. This is the climax of my adversity to moving. I would rather buy stuff, store it, and allow someone else to move it in my new house. Lazy? No, efficient. I’m not going to scuff my walls trying to get that damn couch to fit in the living room. I’ll just supervise. Finally…
5. I’ll miss you California you wacky son of a bitch. This will still always be home for me no matter where we land. But the old saying goes, you can always go home again. If it doesn’t work out, I know the experience will make me richer. So what the hell. But in the meantime, I’m trying to make the most out of the time I have left here enjoying the places and people special in my life. It starts this weekend by being able to take my nephews to their first visit to Disneyland with my sister and her husband. I am lucky that I get to go to Disneyland many times a year. But this will be the first time that I will be able to see it through a child’s eyes. I am almost more excited to see them have fun than it will be for me to ride Space Mountain. And you know I am going to drag those ankle biters on that ride. If I can’t buy them some time on the therapy couch, then I’m not doing my job as an uncle.